Listing starts from today. Click to list entire season.
- 8/24/2017, Brookline, MA. Metropolitan Chorale [MA]: Auditions for the 2017-2018 Season Auditions will be held on the nights of August 24th and August 29th from 6:30 to 10 pm. Be ready to sing part of a piece of music of your choosing for our director. The audition will also include brief sight reading and vocalization exercises. This season we will present three performances throughout Boston, and go on the road with The Boston Pops for their regional Holiday Tour! We rehearse Tuesday evenings from 7:30 to 10:00pm at All Saints Parish, 1773 Beacon St, Brookline, MA (C or D Line, Dean Road stop) ⓘ
- 8/29 & 9/12/2017, Wenham, MA. Cantemus Chamber Chorus [MA]: Auditions & preview rehearsal Cantemus Chamber Chorus, a 40-member SATB choir performing under Artistic Director Jane Ring Frank, will audition new singers prior to the season’s preview rehearsal on August 29. Auditions are by appointment and may also be scheduled for Sept. 12, 2017. On August 29, at 7:30, singers will rehearse works of the first concert, Psalmists & Seers, featuring Bernstein’s Chichester Psalms and James Woodman’s Midwife’s Tale. Rehearsals are Tuesday evenings at the Miles River Middle School, 7:30-10 PM. Previous choral/vocal experience is strongly recommended. The audition will include scales, sight reading and pitch matching. You may bring a short prepared solo (not required). ⓘ
- 8/29/2017, Hadley, MA. Pioneer Valley Symphony Chorus [MA]: Open Rehearsal - Seeking New Singers The Pioneer Valley Symphony Chorus is looking for new singers of all voice parts, and we hope you’ll join us! At on OPEN REHEARSAL, we will sing through selections from each of our five upcoming concerts this season, including works by Verdi, Vaughan Williams, Gwyneth Walker, Ariel Ramirez, and more. This season is a particularly exciting one for PVS Chorus because PVS is searching for a new Music Director! After 23 years, Music Director and Orchestra Conductor Paul Phillips is leaving, and in spring 2018, the three concerts will be conducted by three Music Director finalists. The Chorus will be singing on all three of those concerts, and will have significant input about who the next Music Director will be! PVS Chorus rehearses on Tuesday evenings, 7-9pm, at Most Holy Redeemer Church. New singers must sign up for a (low pressure) placement hearing with our returning Chorus Director, Jonathan Harvey. At the placement hearing, singers will tell Jonathan about their previous singing experience, and then he will lead you through some range, ear, tonal memory, and sight-singing exercises. There is no need to prepare anything! Singers can sign up for a placement hearing time here:
http://doodle.com/poll/m6s2dapvramypgza. New singers, and singers who bring family members or friends, are eligible for a reduction in dues, and are also entered into a raffle for fabulous prizes! Students are also eligible for dues reduction.
- 8/30/2017, Providence, RI. Rhode Island Civic Chorale & Orchestra [RI]: New member auditions The audition will consist of a short song, aria or hymn prepared by the auditioner, vocalizing, range testing, pitch and rhythm matching and simple sight reading. There are openings in all voice parts. Our 2017-2018 Concert Season includes A Full & Glorious Messiah (November 25 & 26, 2017); Tomorrow's Stars Today - music by Mozart, Holst and Britten (March 24, 2018); Love and Peace: Two Journeys - including the world premiere of Geoffrey Gibbs's "Until Forever Ends" (June 2, 2018). All concerts performed with orchestra. Auditions will begin at 7:00 pm, and are by appointment (call or email). ⓘ
- 10/6 & 8/31/2017, Cambridge, MA. The Cambridge Chamber Singers [MA]: Auditions for the 2017-2018 season Audition are 7-9 pm both evenings. In the 10-minute audition you will: 1) Sing a prepared, unaccompanied piece – something you’re comfortable with; Demonstrate accuracy and expressiveness; 2) Sight read Renaissance and contemporary excerpts; 3) Do some vocal exercises across your range as requested; 4) Sing back a series of intervals. To make an audition appointment, contact choir president Carolyn Roosevelt at CTRoosevelt@gmail.com or 617.953.1853. ⓘ
- 9/10 & 9/5/2017, Brookline, MA. Cantata Singers [MA]: New Member Auditions During the 2017-2018 season, the critically acclaimed 44-voice chorus of Cantata Singers will present a four-program choral series at New England Conservatory’s Jordan Hall, First Church in Cambridge, and Church of the Covenant in Boston; two seasonal chamber chorus performances at First Church in Cambridge and Powers Hall, Needham; and a three-program vocal chamber series at the American Academy of Arts and Letters. For detailed information about Cantata Singers and the 2017-2018 season, please visit http://www.cantatasingers.org/season ⓘ
- 9/12 & 9/5/2017, Weston, MA. In Choro Novo [MA]: In Choro Novo auditions fall 2017 Be ready to sing part of a piece of music of your choosing for our director and a few members of our board. We will check range, ask you to sing back a short interval of notes, check blend and simple sight reading. If the audition goes well, we will invite you to stay for our regular rehearsal which takes place every Tuesday 7-9:30pm. I am happy to answer any questions you might have about the auditions, our group, or our full schedule. I love singing with this group! ⓘ
- 9/12 & 9/5/2017, Lexington, MA. Lexington Pops Chorus [MA]: Lexington Pops Chorus Open Rehearsals If you love to sing as much as we do, come sing with us this Fall! Non-Audition Open Rehearsals with the Lexington Pops Chorus. ⓘ
- 9/11 & 9/18/2017, Arlington, MA. Cantilena [MA]: Fall Open Rehearsals & Auditions Cantilena welcomes all who sing soprano and alto voice parts to join us this September for open rehearsals & auditions. FALL auditions: Monday, Sept 11 & 18, 2017 (concert Dec 2, 2017). SPRING auditions: Monday, Jan 8 & 15, 2018 (concert May 6, 2018). Regular semester rehearsals – Monday evenings, 7:30–10:00 p.m. (incl. holidays). Please arrive before 7:30. Auditions follow a shortened rehearsal. There is no need to reserve a spot, and no preparation is required. Our ten-minute audition consists of vocal exercises, tone matching, sight-reading, and singing a familiar tune for the director and audition committee. Music packets available before rehearsals begin with audition info included. September auditions info at https://www.facebook.com/events/1884189098571905 ⓘ