Listing starts from today. Click to list entire season.
- 8/29/2018, Holliston MA. Auditions for Exsultet! and Jubilate! [MA]: Auditions for Exsultet! and Jubilate! Are you an experienced singer looking for a fun and rewarding ensemble to join? Exsultet! and its youth choir, Jubilate! are looking to add voices to an ensemble of highly trained, accomplished musicians. Exsultet! is a 16-singer women’s ensemble that sings a repertoire spanning musical periods and cultures and incorporates readings, drama, and poetry into its performances. Jubilate! is a Metrowest children’s choir comprised of 5th-9th grade students who are passionate about music and are curious to learn even more!
- 8/30, 9/5 & 9/6/2018, Cambridge MA. The Cambridge Chamber Singers [MA]: Auditions for 2018-2019 Season. Experienced singers of all parts are encouraged to audition. We rehearse from 7:15–9:30 PM on Thursday nights at MIT (Kendall Square, Cambridge). Rehearsals begin on September 6. Audition slots are available on Thursday, August 30, 7:15–9:30 PM; Wednesday, September 5, 7:15–9:30 PM; and Thursday, September 6, 6:00–7:30 PM. In the 10-minute audition you will: 1) Sing a prepared, unaccompanied piece – something you’re comfortable with, demonstrating accuracy and expressiveness; 2) Sight read Renaissance and contemporary excerpts; 3) Do some vocal exercises across your range as requested; 4) Sing back a series of intervals. To commence their 39th year of masterful a cappella music, the Cambridge Chamber Singers presents selections from the English Renaissance, lush romantic motets, and complementary contemporary works, including John Taverner's O Splendor Gloriae, Stanford’s Beati quorum via, and Taverner's God Is With Us (A Christmas Proclamation). ⓘ
- 9/3/2018, Arlington MA. Cantilena [MA]: Auditions for the 2018-2019 Season. Cantilena, a women’s chorale, seeks new members in all treble voice parts (SSAA) to join us for the 2018-2019 season. Choral experience and the ability to read music are preferred. Fall auditions are currently being scheduled on several evenings starting the week of Monday Aug 27, 2018. If you are interested, please fill out the audition request form on the website before September 3, 2018. All auditions are by appointment only and consist of two meetings: 1. An appointment with the Music Director for approximately 15 minutes that includes vocalization, pitch-matching, and sight-reading exercises. Singers are also asked to prepare a song of their choice to demonstrate vocal quality, technique and musicality which will be sung without piano accompaniment. The song can be a simple hymn or folk song; it need not be a formal aria or art song. 2. The second meeting will give singers a better sense of a Cantilena rehearsal. Singers who successfully complete the initial audition will be invited to sing with the full ensemble in the first rehearsal of the semester. Formal invitations for membership will be extended based on blend and balance at this rehearsal. Singers may e-mail Music Director Jennifer Kane directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cantilena Women’s Chorale is comprised of singers from a great variety of occupational backgrounds and levels of training; nonetheless, members take their charge of excellence seriously, sharing a passion for music. Cantilena prepares two major programs per year; rehearsing from September to May on Monday evenings from 7:30-10:00 p.m. at First Parish Unitarian Universalist in Arlington. As a strong and supportive community, Cantilena singers enjoy friendships and a break from daily stress through the music making process! ⓘ
- 9/4 & 9/9/2018, Boston MA. Cantata Singers [MA]: Audition for Cantata Singers. Cantata Singers’ 2018-2019 season includes choral music of J.S. Bach, John Harbison, F.J. Haydn, Arvo Pärt, James Primosch, Igor Stravinsky, Anton Bruckner, and Giovanni Gabrieli, as well as solo repertoire by European and American women composers. Audition times (by appointment): September 4 and 9, 6:30-9:30 pm. Call Michelle Rush at 617-868-5885, or e-mail email@example.com, to schedule an audition. Please include your name, voice part, phone number, e-mail address, and home address.Audition Material: Please prepare one or two pieces (art songs, cantata arias, or oratorio arias are ideal; please do not bring opera arias). If preparing two pieces, bring ones in different languages (one piece in German would be lovely). A piano accompanist will be provided; Please bring an extra copy of your music for the accompanist. The audition may include sight-reading. ⓘ
- 9/4/2018, Weston MA. In Choro Novo [MA]: In Choro Novo Auditions. ⓘ
- 9/4 & 9/5/2018, Andover MA. New England Classical Singers [MA]: Auditions. NECS is auditioning for a performance on December 2, 2018, of J.S. Bach's Magnificat in D major. New England Classical Singers is a highly accomplished choral ensemble of 30+ voices that performs significant choral works from a variety of centuries and styles. Auditions for prospective members are held twice a year–early September and mid-December by appointment. Singers should possess excellent musicianship skills including strong sight reading skills. The audition consists of a vocal warm-up, aural memory and pitch differentiation exercises, and sight reading. No prepared piece necessary. ⓘ
- 9/11 & 9/4/2018, Cromwell CT. GMChorale [CT]: GMChorale Auditions Fall 2018. The GMChorale invites interested singers in all voice parts to audition to join the ensemble as it prepares for its 42nd concert season. The 80-voice GMChorale, led by Artistic Director Joseph D’Eugenio, performs two major concerts each season, often with full orchestra, and is often invited to perform with other ensembles, including the Hartford Chorale, New Haven Symphony Orchestra, and others. Singers interested in joining the Chorale may participate in open rehearsals on Tuesday, September 4, and Tuesday, September 11, 2018 before scheduling a private audition with Maestro D’Eugenio. The GMChorale rehearses in Cromwell on Tuesday evenings. To register for the open rehearsal and/or schedule an audition, please contact audition coordinator and scheduler Margie Livengood. ⓘ
- 9/11 & 9/4/2018, Westford MA. Westford Chorus [MA]: Calling All Singers! The Westford Chorus begins our Fall/Winter semester Tuesday, September 4, at 7:15 at the Parish Center for the Arts in Westford. Our Winter concert will be “The Killer B’s” including music from Bach, Beethoven, Brahms and more! Consider joining our fun, friendly group. Open rehearsals will be held September 4 and 11, with no audition required. Our Winter concerts will be held January 26 and 27. ⓘ
- 9/11 & 9/4/2018, Lexington MA. Lexington Pops Chorus [MA]: Come Sing With Us. Come sing with us at our open rehearsals. No audition required. Must be 18 years of age or older, be able to read music, and be able to stand on risers for performances. ⓘ
- 9/12, 9/19 & 9/5/2018, Worcester MA. Master Singers of Worcester [MA]: Open Rehearsals for the 2018-19 Season. MSW is a chorus of approximately 30 singers under the direction of Artistic Director, Ed Tyler, who rehearse weekly on Wednesdays from 7:00–9:00 pm. Our 2018-19 season will consist of: "An Exploration of the Mass" (November 18, 2018); "On the Lighter Side: A Cabaret/Fundraiser" (February 9, 2019); Mozart’s Requiem, in collaboration with the Manchester CT Symphony Orchestra & Chorale (April 27 & 28, 2019. If you enjoy learning and singing a variety of musical styles - from Mozart to Motown - then come join us! No formal audition is required. ⓘ
- 9/9/2018, Wellesley MA. New World Chorale [MA]: Auditions for New Members. The New World Chorale will hold auditions on September 9 from 3:00-5:00 pm for new members in all sections (S, A, T, B). Please prepare a short piece (no longer than 3 minutes) that showcases your voice. It can be a cappella or with piano accompaniment. You will also be asked to demonstrate range, sight-reading ability, and language and IPA facility. Please bring two copies of the piece you will be singing and a copy of your vocal CV that includes your contact information (email address, phone, mailing address). To schedule an audition time slot, contact Amy DeRoche at firstname.lastname@example.org. NWC is approaching its 20th anniversary season. Performances in 2018-19 include Orff’s Carmina Burana, the Mozart Requiem, last movement of Mahler’s Symphony No. 2, Beethoven’s Ninth, and more! ⓘ
- 9/10/2018, Manchester NH. Manchester Choral Society [NH]: Manchester Choral Society Open Sing. This fall marks the Manchester Choral Society’s 58th Season. We look forward to another successful season beginning with our Holiday Pops Concerts in December at St. Joe's Cathedral in Manchester, and at a new venue, LaBelle Winery in Amherst. Spring 2019 will feature works such as William Grant Still’s “Those Who Wait,” R. Nathanial Dett’s, “The Chariot Jubilee” and Kirke Mechem’s “Songs of the Slave.” Both of these programs are sure to be entertaining, moving and inspiring for our singers and audience alike. All interested singers from high school and beyond are welcome to attend our first open rehearsal from 7:00-9:15pm. Please join us! ⓘ
- 9/20/2018, New Britain CT. Main Street Children's Choir [CT]: Auditions for new members only. We are a children's choir for grades 2-8 located in the heart of New Britain. Our artistic director is Ken Craig. Please RSVP at the following email address: email@example.com and mention this listing.