Events for Canto Armonico
December 20, 2013 (Friday)
8:00 PM. Canto Armonico [MA]: Imperial Splendor at Salzburg Cathedral. Heinrich Ignaz Franz Biber: Vesperae Longiores ac breviaries (1693). Simon Carrington directs Canto Armonico in a reprise of the acclaimed Yale 2004 Schola Cantroum performance and recording for the Carus label, now in a new concert setting for the Christmas season. Evoking the baroque splendor of Salzburg Cathedral where Bohemian-born Heinrich Biber spent much of his career, the music features elaborate and virtuosic solos for voices and strings by Biber and his contemporaries, including the talented Holy Roman Emperor Leopold I. Tickets: $35 preferred seating, $20 general, $12 students/seniors. First Lutheran Church, 299 Berkeley St., Boston MA 02116
Listing 1 events.
Archived Online Events
- Blue Heron [MA]: Ockeghem@600, Concert 10: Missa quinti Toni. Johannes Ockeghem: Missa quinti toni for three voices; Alma redemptoris mater; Baisiés moy dont fort, ma maistresse; La despourveue et la bannye; Il ne m’en chault plus de nul ame; Johannes Regis: Ave Maria gratia plena a 3; Antoine Busnoys: Ma plus qu’assez et tant bruiante. [10/15 & 10/16/2021] Cambridge MA Visit archive
- Down East Singers [ME]: Comfort and Joy. A free, live concert of American music from the Shakers and Quakers to Gospel and Spirituals. Works by Bill Cunliffe, William L. Dawson, Nick Page, Alice Parker and others. Guest artist: Fiddler Owen Kennedy playing fiddle tunes from around the U.S.A. The concert will be aired at a later date on Down East Singers' YouTube Channel. [10/17/2021] Camden ME ⓘ Visit archive
Other Choral Calendars—Not Choral Arts New England
- CT: Association of Connecticut Choruses (ACC)
- MA (Boston): Greater Boston Choral Consortium (GBCC)
- MA (central): Central Massachusetts Choral Consortium
- RI: ChoirNews.org: Rhode Island calendar, directory, and further links.
- NH: The Choral Arts Foundation of the Upper Valley
- Greater Boston: Boston Singers' Resource Vocal Music Calendar