Alfred Nash Patterson Grants
Alfred Nash Patterson Grants have been awarded continuously since 1985. These grants support choral music in New England and can be awarded to New England choruses, both volunteer and professional; parent organizations of New England choruses; and New England organizations that provide support to choral music. Over 220 Alfred Nash Patterson grants, totaling some $280,000, have been awarded since 1985. The grants:
- Encourage adventurous programming and broaden repertory;
- Have funded over 40 new choral compositions and dozens of world and region premiere performances;
- Support music education and the training of young choral singers;
- Encourage collaboration and festivals;
- Strengthen choruses throughout the region, from the heart of the city to remote country towns.
Criteria for evaluating grants are intentionally broad; all applications are carefully considered, though not all can be funded. Elsewhere on this website are detailed information about how to apply, lists of past grant recipients and their funded projects, and the application forms themselves.