Events for Ensemble Altera
July 21, 2021 (Wednesday)
8:00 PM. Ensemble Altera [online]: Jewels of the English Renaissance. Six vocalists perform one-to-a-part works by Byrd, Tallis, Taverner, and others ranging from the intricacies of the Eton Choirbook to the elegant simplicity of the early Reformation. The program includes a mixture of forms such as the pitch spiral of a double perfect canon and cantus firmus settings as well as simpler homophonic language. Textual themes vary from Advent to Nativity, Lent to Easter, and liturgical contexts range from a mass setting to a penitential psalm to a Vespers responsory. Filmed at the Aldrich Mansion in Warwick, RI. Free, but donations are encouraged. For more information, call 401-575-8504 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Online (View flier) ⓘ
Listing 1 events.
Archived Online Events
- Boston Singers' Resource: Choirs Come Back. A panel discussion with James Liu, M.D.; Lisa Graham, Music Director of the Metropolitan Chorale; Meyer Chambers, the Director of the Archdiocesan Black Catholic Choir and Director of Music at St. Katharine Drexel Parish; and Mark Mummert, Assistant Director / Accompanist of The Worcester Chorus and tenor with CONCORA, Connecticut Choral Artists. The panel will review the latest science regarding safe singing, and describe what New England choruses are doing and planning to do to resume operations - and will answer questions from those attending. Use the link to register for the event. A Zoom link will be sent to attendees prior to the event. [7/22/2021] Visit archive
Other Choral Calendars—Not Choral Arts New England
- CT: Association of Connecticut Choruses (ACC)
- MA (Boston): Greater Boston Choral Consortium (GBCC)
- MA (central): Central Massachusetts Choral Consortium
- RI: ChoirNews.org: Rhode Island calendar, directory, and further links.
- NH: The Choral Arts Foundation of the Upper Valley
- Greater Boston: Boston Singers' Resource Vocal Music Calendar